April 2, 2017
Taking quality photos of your products is extremely important – it helps attract buyers to your store and add value to your products. However, you don’t need expensive photography equipment to produce high quality photos. You can simply use your smart phone camera to get great results.
How to Take Amazing eBay Photos With Your iPhone
- Begin preparing your “studio” by creating a clean and neutral background: Tape a half sheet Bristol board (that you can buy at any office supplies store) onto the front of a chair. Tape the top of the sheet to the back of the chair and let the rest cover the seat.
- Next, you need good lighting, but it doesn’t mean you need special lighting equipment! Instead, use natural light: Place the chair near a window where a lot of day light comes in and shade is eliminated.
- Clean the item well before you take pictures.
- Place the item on the white Bristol board, in some distance from the back of the chair.
- Select the 1:1 aspect ratio of your phone’s camera, that is, a square shape rather than a rectangle shape (4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio). Because pictures are presented on eBay in a square shape, taking the photos originally in this proportion will save you work and guarantees best quality.
- With the camera on, place the item at the center of your screen, zoom in a little if necessary, press the screen gently to focus and take the photo. Zoom in to specific parts of the item that you want to show more closely. If there is damage to the item, it is important to show it clearly so the buyers know what they are getting and there are no surprises and dissatisfaction that leads to negative feedback.
- Take as many photos as you can so that you have enough variety to choose from and will not need to take more photos later. eBay let you upload 12 photos for each listing for free.
- Prepare all the items you want to upload during the week and take photos of all the items at once. This way you will have to set up the “studio” and take photos just once a week.
I hope I’ve been able to show you that taking quality photos of your eBay items can be easy and fun. Start implementing these simple tips and see the traffic to your store increase.